As you may already know- it’s sink or swim this week for the GOP Senate’s latest health care bill. Thankfully we have Democratic Senators in NYS already working to prevent this bill from passing, but they need our help.
Here’s what you can do this week:
1. Contact Senators Schumer & Gillibrand ASAP and:
If you’d like a little more help before you call, here’s a sample call dialogue for Senators Schumer & Gillibrand.
2. Submit an Amendment:
The Indivisible Guide Team is assisting our Democratic Senators, and they are collecting stories from Americans that may be included in the Amendments read before the Senate. All stories submitted will be provided to Senator Schumer, for Senate Democrats to use in the amendment process.
Please consider submitting how this bill will impact you and your family.
3. Contact Congressman Reed:
Unfortunately, Congressman Reed fully supports the Senate GOP’s bill. We’ve got to keep holding him accountable for his recklessness in voting for the House’s AHCA, and the harm the Senate’s bill would do to our neighbors and communities. He doesn’t vote for the Senate’s bill, but if it passes, he’ll be voting on it again in the House.
- Contact him to let him know what you think of his support for this bill, & his vote for the AHCA
- Consider writing a letter to the editor for your local newspaper and share what you think about his AHCA vote
4. Share Congressman Reed’s AM Joy Interview:
Feel free to share this interview with Congressman Reed on MSNBC’s AM Joy. It was a doozy, and his priority of money over people came through clearly. The more people who can see this, the better.
5. Attend a Rally:
- Citizens for a Better Southern Tier is holding their weekly rally outside Tom Reed’s Corning office at 5pm on Tuesday, 6/27. This week’s theme is Celebrating America.
- Planned Parenthood is rallying at the Capitol Building in D.C. on Tuesday, June 27th. Buses
from all over NYS are headed to D.C. for the rally. If you’d like to learn more please email PPSFL Action via email@example.com or visit their FaceBook page.